- More Search Types: Several more search types have been added to the top of the search panel. The added search types are Factbook, Docs, Maps, Factbook Tags, and Bookstore.
- Improved Autocomplete: We’ve made more than a dozen improvements to autocomplete to make it even easier to enter the search syntax you need. Autocomplete will now suggest:
- Bible passages, after the bible: keyword
- Highlighting styles after the highlight: keyword
- Passage lists after the passageList: keyword
- Speakers after the speaker: keyword
- Addressees after the addressee: keyword
- Label attributes after any label keyword (try sermon: or journalArticle:)
- More Flexible Favorites: It’s now possible to add references to favorites. To add them, open the Favorites panel from the Tools menu, then click on the Add button. You’ll see all the references in your open panels listed at the bottom of that menu. Just click on one to add it as a Favorite.
- Android & iOS
- Auto Translation Cards: You can now automatically translate your books.
- Print Library Book Search: View a preview of Print Library books with an “All” or “Books” search using the Search tool.
- Favorites Button in Selection Menu: The Favorites button has been added to the actions row of the Selection Menu for non-Bible books.
- Discover Tab: Visit this tab for more info on book purchases.
- Dictionary Cards: Double-tap to select a word and you will see the dictionary definition of that word in the Dictionary Card in the Selection Menu.
- Canvas Image Export: You can now export your Canvas images.
- Draw on Screen for iPhone
Here’s an overview of the new features in Logos 10. Not all features are available on every platform, but we’ve worked hard to deliver a consistent experience regardless of the platform you’re on, making it easier for you to continue your study no matter where you are and which device you have with you. Some features will be free for all users and some will be available in paid packages. Check out the feature comparison chart for a full breakdown.
- Advanced Timeline: A refreshed Timeline makes it simpler for you to focus on the events that matter most and see them in historical context.
- Auto Translation: Instant translation opens a whole new world of resources.
- Church History Themes: A combination of a new dataset and base package resources will help you to understand theology in its historical context.
- Factbook Tags: Artificial intelligence adds millions of tags to the books you already own.
- Favorites: A refreshed favorites tool makes it even easier to add and find the passages that are important to you.
- Improved Speed: Native support for Apple Silicon gives a good performance increase across the board for everyone with an M1 processor. .NET 6 support gives everyone using Windows a good performance increase across the board.
- Modern UI: A simpler, more customizable interface makes Logos more accessible to you, gives you more space, and makes common tasks more accessible.
- Print Library Catalog: Bring the power of Logos to your print Library.
- Questions and Answers: A new Questions and Answers dataset helps you locate answers to common - and not-so-common - questions about the Bible.
- Popular Quotes: When writing sermons in Sermon Builder, you will be able to search for helpful quotations that can be inserted into the sermon.
- Sermon Import: You can import existing sermons into Logos to then take advantage of Preaching Mode, automatic slide creation, and Sermon Manager planning and wider integration into Logos.
- Simpler Search: A simpler search syntax and clearer UI makes searching quicker and more intuitive, opening up the power of Logos Search to everyone.
- Logos logo button is now the "Go" box
Logos 9.0 Desktop
Introducing Logos 9.0 for desktop, which implements the following suggestions:
- Add more kinds of data to Factbook
- Add Factbook visual filter to resources
- Add Factbook info box to Search results
- Add Factbook to Go Box